Here, we have the AI revolution. Businesses worldwide are incorporating AI into their operations rapidly, and with good reason—AI is incredibly versatile and powerful. Given the variety of activities AI can perform for your company, it can be difficult to know where to begin when implementing AI in your operations.
Microsoft Copilot gives you access to the most potent AI features to help superpower your business and completely transform your organisation’s operations. One of the hottest and most popular types of AI is an AI language model with generative capabilities, and it puts this technology right in your hands.
The ins and outs of Microsoft 365 Copilot, including best practices for integrating it into your company, will be covered in this article, along with why adopting AI is becoming increasingly important for any company hoping to succeed in the contemporary digital landscape.
What is Microsoft 365 Copilot?
Microsoft Copilot is a cutting-edge AI technology intended to act as your work companion. It is an immensely powerful tool to have at your disposal because it works with you and helps you with whatever you need by combining large language models (LLMs) with your data.
Microsoft Copilot, part of Microsoft 365, can always assist you with your needs. If you’re using Microsoft Word and need to compose something based on previous meetings or correspondence, Microsoft Copilot can assist you in doing it quickly.
With this, you can have the power of the world of data in the hands of everything you need to do, saving you time and helping unleash your creativity boundlessly. You no longer need to sit there and draft out everyday emails, contracts, proposals, and everything else that you waste your time on — Microsoft Copilot does it all and lets you use that time on the more important tasks.
However, Microsoft Copilot does more than write for you. For example, in Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Copilot can compile meeting notes, summarise key points, and track what people agree and disagree with, providing actionable suggestions based on these key points.
All this, and so much more, requires you to enter a prompt into Copilot and press enter, turning what would be hours of work throughout your week into seconds.
Why is AI Adoption Important in the Digital Age?
AI is one of the most powerful technologies available in the digital world — and it cannot be ignored.
There are a multitude of benefits that come with implementing new AI technologies into your organisation, all of which will help take your business to the next level and stay ahead of the competition —
• Productivity and Efficiency: AI lets you get things done far faster than doing them manually. Where before, it would take hours to respond to emails, create documents, research, and do everything you need to do to support your work, AI does all of that in seconds — meaning you can focus on other things that require more attention.
• Data and Knowledge: Knowledge is power, and AI has access to much information that can help you. Due to modern language models having access to most of the internet, you can easily get answers to what you need to know in seconds — with accurate, in-depth information.
• Analysis and Insights: AI can easily analyse and extrapolate information more thoroughly and efficiently than manually, giving you access to new insights and information that would otherwise never be found in seconds. This can help you make key decisions with ease.
With all of these benefits and even more coming along as the technology develops, there’s no reason not to start using AI within your organisation.
Microsoft 365 Copilot Best Practices
Microsoft Copilot is a powerful tool, and utilising it effectively within your organisation can help it become more successful than ever.
Here are some of the things you need to know when getting started with Microsoft Copilot —
• Office Applications: Once enabled within your organisation, Microsoft Copilot will be available in all 365 Office applications — such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc. Without doing anything, they’ll be on the right hand of your applications, meaning you don’t have to spend time accessing Copilot externally when working.
• Suggestions: As you type in Microsoft Copilot, it’ll suggest things based on context. Getting used to these suggestions and utilising them will help improve your workflow, and they are fully customizable in your settings, so you can tailor them to what you need.
• Fact-Checking: Over-reliance on Microsoft Copilot could cause errors or inaccuracies, so it’s important to check whatever you do in Copilot to ensure that it’s correct before continuing. This is good practice, as with any research.
• Automation: Using tools such as the Power Platform and Microsoft Autopilot also helps you automate throughout your organisation. Doing so can help speed up everyday tasks and make your workplace more productive and efficient.
Microsoft Copilot is there to be your assistant, meaning that you need to tell it what you want, and it should be able to help. However, these practices will be able to help you use Copilot most efficiently and effectively.
If you want to start with Microsoft Copilot or 365 but don’t know where to start, contact us today. Our team of expert professionals will be able to help you work out how to move forward with 365 and Copilot and provide you with a helping hand along the way.
Get in touch with us now and see how we can help.
More information from a Microsoft Blog,
You may be interested in this article: